Prepare to Lead in the Communication Career That Interests You Most
Whether you’re new to the field or seeking advancement in your current role, UD’s online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication gives you the knowledge base, research skills, industry techniques and career services you need to reach your goals.
Tailor Your Degree to Your Career
Access UD’s Career Services
Gain Access to a Personal Career Coach
Known for Excellence: UD was ranked among the Top 50 in College Factual’s 2021 Best Colleges for Communication & Media Studies.
Advanced Preparation: Our program’s customizable curriculum, career advising and accelerated courses offer you a quick pathway to advancement so that you can take on any job in strategic communication.
Get More Information
We’re here to answer your questions about admissions, financial aid, transfer credits and more. Fill out the form below to get in touch with a helpful admissions counselor.
Explore Communication Careers that Suit Your Passion
Public Relations Manager1 $118,430 per year
Social Media Director2 $75,466 per year
Communications Director3 $71,597 per year
Communications Manager4 $66,384 per year
A Quick Pathway to Personalized Career Advancement
The University of Delaware’s Master of Arts in Strategic Communication program offers a wide variety of communication elective courses, individual career coaching and helpful career services so that you’ll have support as you transition into higher-paying communication careers with growing opportunities.
Throughout your online program, you’ll benefit from our robust career services and work directly with experienced faculty. When you graduate, you can pursue your goals with confidence knowing that you’re prepared to take on nearly any strategic communication career.
- About 7,600 openings for public relations and fundraising managers are projected each year, on average, between 2019 and 2029.1
- The average base salary for those with a Master of Arts in Strategic Communication is $63,000 per year.5
- Social media directors with strategic communication, marketing and management skills can earn up to $16,000 more per year.2
As a UD Online student, you’ll gain access to all available student and career services from the University of Delaware.
Choose from Two Specializations or Build Your Own
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
After completing the program, students will be able to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of strategic communication and acquire the skill set necessary to apply what they learn in the professional world.
- Design and implement research for their organizations.
- Design, implement and evaluate communication campaigns.
- Deliver recommendations for the future of projects and issues they may face in their careers.
- Write for multimedia with a professional audience in mind.
- Analyze and evaluate competitors’ strategic communication efforts.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
- Communication-based research
- Ethical communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Project-based learning