Boost Your Business Career with UD’s Top-Ranked Online MBA Degree
#28 Online MBA
Get More Information
We’re here to answer your questions about admissions, financial aid, transfer credits and more. Fill out the form below to get in touch with a helpful admissions counselor.
Sharpen Your Business and Management Skills
The University of Delaware’s online MBA at the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics is driven by industry insights and innovative analytic tools so that you’re prepared to succeed in executive leadership positions. With five concentrations, specialized majors and electives, and a fully online course format, our flexible program is ideal for working business professionals who are seeking advancement and driven to succeed in MBA careers. Our program offers personalized advising and 1:1 career coaches.
Pair Your Passion with Excellent Career Prospects
If you’re excited about moving closer to your dream MBA career, then UD’s online MBA degree program is the credential you need to excel no matter your area of emphasis.
- Jobs in business-related occupations are projected to grow faster than all other occupations at 5% from 2019 to 2029.1
- In fact, 65% of our MBA students changed careers, received a promotion, or received a raise while pursuing their degree. The average salary of Lerner MBA graduates is $88,230 (5-year average).
Specialize Your Area of Study
Adaptable to Your Unique Path
Specialize Your Area of Study
The online MBA degree program’s curriculum can be completed in as few as 16 months full-time, or you can study part-time at your convenience. UD’s online MBA courses sharpen your business skills by offering you the following completion options: one major, up to three concentrations or a combination of electives.
Regardless of your areas of emphasis, the online MBA’s core curriculum includes a variety of leading-edge course topics, such as:
- Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
- Corporate Strategy
- Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
- Managing People, Teams and Organizations
UD’s Streamlined Application Process
Fully Online Application
Our graduate application system is designed to put you in control of not only the application but all documents associated with that application. We have designated areas within the application where each required document should be uploaded. You’ll need:
|A completed online application|
|The equivalent to a 4 year US Bachelor’s degree in any academic background from a regionally or internationally accredited institution|
|Two years of work experience preferred|
|A GPA of at least 3.0|
|GMAT/GRE scores optional|
We’re Committed to Affordability
$950 Per Credit Hour
We work hard to keep our tuition affordable while maintaining the highest academic standards. Our Tuition Calculator will help you estimate the total cost of your program.
You can fund your program by receiving a grant, qualifying for federal or private loans, utilizing military benefits or pursuing employer tuition reimbursement. Our dedicated admissions and financial personnel will help you through the process, including enrollment in a payment plan if applicable.Learn More
What You’ll Learn
Our top-ranked online MBA degree program provides a solid foundation in business management and essential business functions. You’ll practice crucial skills that you can enact immediately.
- Use data-driven analytics to make sound, evidence-based decisions.
- Frame and address problems through the use of integrative, critical and strategic thinking.
- Build effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Learn to design and use processes for competitive advantage.
- Develop ethical global leaders who embrace the value of diversity.
Emma Smith Morris Professor of Management, Co-director – Women’s Leadership Initiative
Wendy Smith earned her Ph.D. in organizational behavior at Harvard Business School, and is currently a professor of management at the Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics and Co-director of the Women’s Leadership Initiative at the University of Delaware.
Wendy teaches leadership, organizational behavior and business ethics. She has taught MBAs and undergraduates at University of Delaware, Harvard and University of Pennsylvania – Wharton. Wendy was awarded the University of Delaware MBA Teaching Award in 2016. Wendy has also taught executive and senior leadership teams how to manage interpersonal dynamics, emotional intelligence, high performing teams, organizational change and innovation, managing in times of crisis, and managing strategic paradoxes.
- Ph.D. in organizational behavior, Harvard University/Harvard Business School, 2006
- M.A. in psychology, Harvard University, 2004
- B.A. in psychology & political science, Yale University, 1996
- Delaware Today, Women in Business, 2019
- Web of Science, Highly Cited Researcher, 2019
- Mid-Career Award for Excellence in Scholarship, University of Delaware, 2018
- Awarded to two faculty across the university
- Best Paper Award, Ivey Business School Institute for Leadership, 2017
- Smith, W.K. and Besharov. M.L. 2018. Bowing Before Dual Gods: How structured flexibility sustains organizational hybridity. Administrative Science Quarterly
- Miron-Spektor, E., Ingram, A. S., Keller, J., Smith, W. K., & Lewis, M. W. 2018. Microfoundations of organizational paradox: The problem is how we think about the problem. Academy of Management Journal, 61(1): 26-45
Faculty Are Readily Available to You
Earning your degree online at UD is not a solitary journey. In addition to hearty conversations with peers and faculty within discussion posts, you’ll email, text, talk and video chat with peers and professors throughout your courses. You’ll also build relationships and join a supportive professional network, just as you would if you were on campus.
What it’s Like to Study Online
We pride ourselves on teaching and innovation, so you’ll encounter an advanced digital curriculum delivered by experts. Knowledgeable staff members are available to answer questions by phone, chat and email, and you can access technical support 24/7.UD Online Student Experience
Answers to Common Questions
We’ve provided answers to the most commonly asked questions about UD’s online programs. If we missed anything, you can get in touch with a knowledgeable admissions counselor by phone at (844) 237-1338.
Yes. The online MBA at the University of Delaware is delivered through the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, which has been accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) for more than 50 years. AACSB accreditation is the highest standard of accreditation for business schools in the world, and a distinction fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned.
You can transfer up to nine credits from another AACSB accredited MBA program that have not already been used toward a completed degree. Contact an admissions counselor at (844) 237-1338 for more information about transferring your prior credits.
You may start this program in the fall, summer or spring semesters. Applications are accepted at any time up until a week before classes begin. Applications are accepted up until 3 weeks prior to when classes begin.
Yes. To complete the program, you have the following completion options: one major, up to three concentrations or a combination of electives. Choose from concentrations in Business Analytics, Finance, Healthcare Management, International Business and Strategic Leadership. You might also complete your degree with a series of approved General Elective courses.
University of Delaware is an accredited member of AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.