Become a Top Candidate for In-Demand Accounting Careers
UD’s AACSB-accredited online master’s in accounting degree program can accelerate your career advancement, whether you’re new to the accounting field or seeking additional opportunities in your current role.
Access UD’s Career Services
Prepare to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam
Lead in growing accounting careers
Accelerated Career Prep: Our program allows you to make a career change into the accounting field in just a year with full-time study, or you can graduate in 18 – 24 months.
Varied Opportunities: Graduates of UD’s program pursue accounting careers in every industry in a variety of roles, such as certified accountants, auditors, financial analysts, managers and more.
Get More Information
We’re here to answer your questions about admissions, financial aid, transfer credits and more. Fill out the form below to get in touch with a helpful admissions counselor.
Gain a Flexible Degree for Rewarding Careers
Financial Manager1 $134,180 per year
Personal Financial Advisor2 $89,330 per year
Budget Analyst3 $78,970 per year
Accountant/Auditor, Finance and Insurance4 $78,600 per year
Confidently Advance in Versatile Accounting Careers
UD’s online master’s in accounting practice program prepares you for accounting careers that are growing alongside today’s thriving global economy.
In addition to boosting your salary potential with advanced financial skills, our program prepares you to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam for certified public accountants and add another credential to your résumé.
Our program also helps you explore and expand your career opportunities with personal career assessments, networking events, business leader speaker series, virtual workshops, career fairs and more.
- The overall employment in business and financial operations occupations is projected to grow 5% through 2029, faster than the average for all other occupational groups.5
- The employment of financial managers is projected to grow 15% through 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.1
- Globalization, a growing economy and a complex tax and regulatory environment are expected to continue to lead to strong demand for accountants and auditors through 2029.4
As a UD Online student, you’ll gain access to all available student and career services from the University of Delaware.
Program Outcomes and Skills
What You’ll Learn
- Fulfill the 150 credit hour educational requirement of the CPA exam for most states.
- Fulfill the 24 credit hour educational requirement of the CPA exam in financial accounting, auditing, and taxation.
- Pursue careers in accounting, auditing, financial analysis, and financial management.
Core Skills You’ll Gain
- Accounting error analysis
- Accounting ethics and professional responsibility
- Advanced financial reporting
- Business law for accounting
- Business transactions
- Corporate reporting
- Database design and implementation
- Disclosure requirements
- Foreign currency transactions
- Income taxation
- Nonprofit accounting
- Property transactions
- Revenue recognition
- Tax credits