Gain a Leading Edge in International Business Careers
Get More Information
We’re here to answer your questions about admissions, financial aid, transfer credits and more. Fill out the form below to get in touch with a helpful admissions counselor.
Become a Leader in the Global Marketplace
Delivered by the University of Delaware’s prestigious Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics, our online master’s in international business degree program will help you develop in-demand business skills. With a flexible curriculum and a fully online course format, this program is ideal for working business professionals who are seeking advancement and driven to thrive in global settings.
Elevate Your Career
Whether your passion is accounting, economics, leadership, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, analytics, UD’s master’s in international business online degree is the credential you need to excel.
- Jobs in business and financial occupations are projected to grow faster than all other occupations at 5% from 2019 to 2029.1
- The median wage for business and financial occupations was $72,250 in May 2020, which was higher than all other occupations.1
Adaptable to Your Individual Path
In UD’s unique program, your first module includes six core international business courses with topics such as globalization, ethics, business strategies and market research. The second module includes any four courses based on your business area or interests, with a variety of topics in business fundamentals, finance and healthcare. A few course options are:
- Corporate Financial Management
- Leadership and Innovation in Population Health
- Managing People, Teams and Organizations
- Operations Management and Management Science
Our Streamlined Application Process
Fully Online Application
GMAT and Fee Waivers Available
Our graduate application system is designed to put you in control of not only the application but all documents associated with that application. We have designated areas within the application where each required document should be uploaded. You’ll need:
|A completed online application|
|A bachelor’s degree in any academic background from a regionally accredited institution|
|A GPA of at least 2.8|
|Unofficial copies of your transcripts (we’ll need official versions once you’re admitted)|
|GRE/GMAT scores (an exam waiver is available)|
We’re Committed to Affordability
$950 Per Credit Hour
We work hard to keep our tuition affordable while maintaining the highest academic standards. Our Tuition Calculator will help you estimate the total cost of your program.
You can fund your program by receiving a grant, qualifying for federal or private loans, utilizing military benefits or pursuing employer tuition reimbursement. Our dedicated admissions and financial personnel will help you through the process, including enrollment in a payment plan if applicable.Learn More
What You’ll Learn
The master’s in international business online degree prepares you to efficiently handle day-to-day operations, enact successful strategies of international business and reference the most applicable public policies.
- Establish familiarity with foundational international business skills
- Improve cross-cultural awareness
- Expand and deepen understanding of the global business environment
- Development a global mindset
- Improve critical thinking and analytical skills
Professor of Management
Daniel Sullivan is professor of international business studies at the University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. Dr. Sullivan is co-author of International Business: Environments and Operations, a leading textbook on international business now in its 15th edition.
Dr. Sullivan’s research explores the globalization of the business environment and executive leadership and has been published in journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Management International Review, Academy of Management Journal, European Journal of Marketing, and Law and Society Review.
Dr. Sullivan has taught a diversity of courses speaking to issues of international business, strategy and leadership to undergraduates, MBA and executive MBA’s. Notably, he has been awarded the honor of Outstanding Teacher by 16 different EMBA cohorts. Dr. Sullivan has directed study abroad activities in China, England, France, Hong Kong, South Korea and Switzerland.
Dr. Sullivan received a bachelor of science in business administration and a master of arts in international relations from the University of Florida. He earned his Ph.D. in international business from the University of South Carolina.
- Ph.D. in international business, strategic management, University of South Carolina, 1988
- M.A. in international relations, research methods, University of Florida, 1983
- B.A. in business administration, University of Florida, 1980
- Daniels, J., Radebaugh, L. and D. Sullivan. 2014. International Business.
- Environments and Operations, 15th Edition. Prentice Hall. Upper Saddle River: New Jersey.
- Daniels, J., Radebaugh, L. and D. Sullivan. 2013. International Business: Environments and Operations, 14th Edition. Prentice Hall. Upper Saddle River: New Jersey.
Awards & Honors:
- Outstanding Teacher, Executive MBA Program, Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware; course taught: Globalization and Business, Strategic Leadership Perspectives, 2012
- Outstanding Teacher, Executive MBA Program, Lerner College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware; course taught: Globalization and Business, Strategic Leadership Perspectives, 2011
Faculty Are Readily Available to You
Earning your degree online at UD is not a solitary journey. In addition to hearty conversations with peers and faculty within discussion posts, you’ll email, text, talk and video chat with peers and professors throughout your courses. You’ll also build relationships and join a supportive professional network, just as you would if you were on campus.
What it’s Like to Study Online
We pride ourselves on teaching and innovation, so you’ll encounter an advanced digital curriculum delivered by experts. Knowledgeable staff members are available to answer questions by phone, chat and email, and you can access technical support 24/7.UD Online Student Experience
Answers to Common Questions
We’ve provided answers to the most commonly asked questions about UD’s online programs. If we missed anything, you can get in touch with a knowledgeable admissions counselor by phone at (844) 237-1338.
Yes, this program is delivered through the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, which has been accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) for more than 50 years. AACSB accreditation is the highest standard of accreditation for business schools in the world, and a distinction fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned.
You can transfer up to six credits with program director approval, and earn your degree faster. Contact an admissions counselor at (844) 237-1338 for more information about transferring your prior credits.